Sunday, July 29, 2007

Hakuna Matata - No Worries

"Look at the birds of the air;
They do not sow or reap or store away in barns,
And yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not much more valuable than they?"
Matthew 6:26

As I sat and took in the morning breeze one day, I noticed a dove perched on a telephone wire. It looked perfectly healthy and seemed to not have a care in the world.

That dove came back to mind later that day. Where was it? Did it get food? Where will it go if it were to begin to storm? How will it protect itself from danger? It seemed that I worried more about this bird’s welfare than it did for itself.

As I thought about this, however, I was reminded of one of my favorite songs, that Ethel Waters used to sing, "His Eye Is On The Sparrow." That song reminds me that, even though I have a huge advantage over a bird to take care of myself, I am just as dependent on God for my welfare and survival as that bird is.

Neither that bird nor I have any clue as to our destiny for the day. However, both of us have a God who created us for a purpose and has faithfully provided for us each day of our lives, and He will continue to do so until that purpose is completed.

As your week begins, you may feel like a bird on a wire, wondering what you will do, where you will go, or how you will make it emotionally, physically, etc. Take that burden and give it to the Lord. Remember that if He cares and provides for the birds of the air, then He will most definitely provide and care for you. Don’t think that He can’t handle your burden. He carried the weight of the world on His shoulders, so He’ll have no problem caring for you.
Don’t forget to give a special "thank You" to Him for that today through your praise and worship.

Gratitude
O Thou, whose bounty fills my cup
With every blessing meet!
I give Thee thanks for every drop-
The bitter and the sweet.
I praise Thee for the desert road,
And for the riverside;
For all Thy goodness hath bestowed,
And all Thy grace denied.
(Jane Crewdson)

Thank Him for His love towards you today.
Pastor MJ

No comments: