Sunday, August 5, 2007

Trusting God

The sturdiest tree is not found in the shelter of the forest but high upon some rocky crag, where its daily battle with the elements shapes it into a thing of beauty.
Unknown

It’s amazing to see the complete trust and confidence that my children have in me when I tell them that I will take care of a problem that they have. All I have to do is say, "Daddy will take care of it", and they run away and never give thought to their "problem" again. I believe Father God wants us to be the same way as we face life’s transitions. His Word speaks clearly to us. May these words from His heart cause us to trust him through the changing seasons of this life and praise Him for doing so.

"I will instruct you and teach you—I will guide you with my eye."
God (Psalm 32:8)

"With nothing will be impossible."
(Luke 1:37)

"I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and
Says to you...do not fear; I will help you."
(Isaiah 41:13)

"I Am the Lord; there is no God besides Me."
(Isaiah 45:5a)

"No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which
Rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the
Heritage of the servants of the Lord and their righteousness is from
Me, says, the Lord."
(Isaiah 54:17)

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give GRACE and
Glory; NO GOOD THING will He withhold from those who
WALK UPRIGHTLY."
(Psalm 84:11)

"Behold we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard-pressed on every side, but not crused; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that His life may be revealed in our mortal body."
(2 Corinthians 4:7-11)

Let’s respond by worshipping Him with our everythingness this week………..
With you on the journey, MJ

No comments: