Saturday, January 28, 2012

Seeing Things From God's Perspective

Anger, frustration, hurt, fear, sorrow, confusion. Have you ever had a week that seemed to encompass each of those emotions? Sometimes life really stinks. Those are the times when I am so thankful for God’s Word. After crying, yelling and not knowing where the next word or thought will come from, having God’s Word by my side to place in my heart is the best “balm” one could ever ask for. As good as Paul Harvey’s comments are, the Word of God is the best “Rest of the story” available to mankind.

Some time ago as I was stuck in the midst of one of our family’s “medical opportunity” :), I went to God’s Word seeking a comforting Word from God that everything was going to be okay. The Spirit of God led me to read through Revelation chapters 4&5. This is an incredible scene in heaven where we see John getting a glimpse of the true, “now but not yet” for believers. He takes us on a journey of the heavenly throne room and lets us see what it looks like and what activities are taking place. I was glued to the pages as I read about the emerald rainbow around the throne, the elders in white garments and golden crowns. Then he tells of the flashes of lightning and sounds of thunder and the sea of glass that is like crystal along with the very interesting looking four living creatures whose full-time occupation is saying, “Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God, The Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come.” Next I read about the LAMB...the only One worthy to open the book with the seven seals and as He came and took it the explosive worship response that takes place in response to who He is. A worship response that included hundreds of thousands of angels, living creatures, elders along with every created thing in heaven and earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them. In the midst of that section I read these words…

“Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.” “To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, Be blessing and honor and glory and Dominion forever and ever.”

Right then and there, the Spirit of God spoke to my heart, “Mark, remember, it’s not about you.” Everything is about His glory! At that very moment I realized in a fresh way that I needed to look at everything I am ever faced with, with the perspective of who He is and His agenda. When I look at my trials and heartaches in that light, the depths don’t seem as deep. Aren’t you glad that this isn’t all there is? It will be so worth it all when we see Jesus! Let’s praise Him for the revealing the rest of the story to us early. Read it, make it a lifestyle and be encouraged! And make sure and share this golden truth with those who do not yet know the Lord.

With you on the journey, MJ

No comments: