Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Spontaneity of Love

"Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you."
(Psalm 63:3 NIV)

"Honey, do you love me?" she asks. "Why, of course I do, dearest!" he responds. "Tell me why!" she continues, tenderly. "Well, well, well, um, because I do! I married you, didn't I?" He responds with the wrong answer.

Are you in a relationship where you are constantly trying to prove your love to your significant other? You bring gifts and try to do all of the right things hoping they'll know how much you love them. Do you find it hard to say, "I love you?" Is expressing your love similar to shopping at Christmas time and after looking for hours, you end up with nothing but a knot in your stomach because you just don't know what to get them?

Love is an awesome thing and genuine love comes from God, because He is love. True love plans, but by nature can also be very spontaneous. It is like a spring that bursts through the portals of our hearts to the receiver. Love is supernaturally natural. As we allow Gods love to fill our hearts by His Holy Spirit, we are able to live lives that express His love naturally. It manifests itself in our marriages, our close relationships, in our work-places and, most importantly, in our relationship with Him.

Do you love Him today? As you become intimate with the Almighty, your answer should flow from your lips and your life like cool water over the rocks in a mountain stream.

In a relationship where spontaneous love exists, there is no thinking how can I say, "I love you", it bursts through the crevices, here and there. It shows up in unexpected places and moments. There is the deep sense of its presence even when the air is silent.

Are you deeper in love with Jesus today than you were last week? As we worship Him together today, listen and reflect on the many ways that Hes said, "I love you" to you this week and say it back to Him today through your sacrifice of praise and worship, falling in love with Him more each moment,

Pastor MJ

No comments: