Sunday, December 19, 2010

I’m Glad He Did

Andrea Crouch wrote the words, “I don’t know why Jesus loved me, I don’t know why He cared. I don’t know why He sacrificed His life, oh, but I’m glad, I’m glad He did!”

In that same light, as we are in the Christmas season, I ask myself, “why did Jesus come for me?” In light of all He knew about me and about all of us and how we would break His heart over and over again, He left all of the splendor of heaven to be born as a human and set it all aside for you and for me. And the only answer I ever come up with is from the scriptures. It is because of the Father’s love for you and for me. (John 3:16)

As we worship together today and as you celebrate Christmas this week, let’s take some time to ponder on the true meaning of Christmas. Never forget what Jesus so willingly did on the first Christmas morning. Let your worship today and this week be a “Thanks offering” to Him for loving us in this way.

Merry Christmas,

Pastor MJ

He Still Came
No palace no jewels, No kingdom to rule,
No crown of majesty, No throne and no robe,
No silver no gold, No courts of royalty.
Yet the King of kings left heaven
To become a lowly man.
He left all heaven's glory, To fulfill His Father's plan.

He still came just for me, He still came.
Knowing all He would endure, He still came.
Disregarding every cost,
From the manger to the cross,
He still came Just for me He still came.

© 1990, 1992 Magnolia Hill Music, LLC (Admin. by Integrated
Copyright Group, Inc.) CCLI License No. 157464

No comments: