Sunday, June 24, 2007

Stop The World, I Want To Get Off!

Have you ever gotten up in the morning and by noon time wished that you had never risen from your bed? It seemed that every moment since you opened your eyes something went wrong?

Well, I’ve had a few of those days. There have been times when I experienced an awesome time of worship or an incredible time of prayer and praise or maybe just come through a major answer to a long awaited prayer. I think of times when we met and proclaimed the fact that God is able to do the impossible and that we need only to trust Him and watch Him do above all that we could ever ask or think. What an exciting thought! Ever have an experience like that and be up on the "mountaintop" and then the next day you realized that Satan listened in and wanted to challenge your new found excitement?

Why do we have days like that? Why do we have days when it just seems like everything, I mean everything, goes wrong and life just stinks? I sought God for an answer and here’s what He said,

"…This precious treasure – this light and power that now shines within you – is held in a Perishable container, that is, in your weak body. So that everyone can see that yourGlorious power is from God and is not your own. Mark, you are pressed on every sideBy troubles, but you are not crushed and broken. You are perplexed, but don’t you giveUp and quit. You are hunted down, but I will never abandon you. You get knockedDown, but get up again and keep going. Through suffering, your body constantly sharesIn the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in your body."(Personalization of 2 Cor. 47:10)
According to God’s Word, I should not be surprised by days like this. As a matter of fact, I should expect them. And when they come, I should remember to see it through His perspective and rejoice that He wants to use me to glorify His Name through my situation. It’s all about Him, and His glory, not me and my comfort! What a wake-up call.

"…That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are
Dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our
Present troubles are quite small and won’t last very long.
Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory that
Will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see
Right now; rather, we look forward to what we have not yet
Seen. For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys
To come will last forever." (2 Cor. 4:16-18)

~Whew, I needed that today, I hope it encourages you!
Because He lives,
Pastor MJ

No comments: